Friday, October 24, 2008

Union Canal Edinburgh

I had another canal outing this morning on the Union Canal which is only a 15 minute walk from my place. Again really nice and there were no other boats to contend with! It was a good prep for our race tomorrow. I decided to walk home along the canal to see where I could access it near my flat. There is a really nice path that runs all along the canal right into the Tollcross area of Edinburgh, but I've been afraid to go on it in the dark. This will definitely be a running route for me since it's flat and goes 30 miles all the way to Falkirk, not that I'll ever run that far, but bike maybe... Successful morning all around only to find out later this evening that the races tomorrow had been called off on account of high winds and fast currents... oh well I guess my UK racing debut will have to wait

No comments: