Friday, October 17, 2008

Being the Beckhams

The Edinburgh University Boat Club (EUBC) had their annual Families Night tonight which is the first major social event of the season. What happens is that all returning members of the club are sorted out into a boy and girl pair and they become the mum and dad of a family. The children are all the newbies in the club, regardless of being novice or senior squad, sectioned into equal sized groups and then assigned to a set of parents. Families Night is a fancy dress (aka costume) party where each family chooses a famous family to be for the event. My family's theme for the evening was The Beckhams and since there is only one female in that family I guess my persona for the night was just going to have to be Victoria Beckham aka Posh Spice! We all gathered at mummy's flat for dinner and drinks before meeting up with all the other families at Pear Tree. Then it was off to Potterrow for Societies Night where the boatclub won £500 by having the most people there! Some of the other familes were: The Simpsons, Flintstones, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Smurfs, Greek Gods, Mafia, Brady Bunch, Addams Family, Wombles, Incredables, and the Sound of Music. By the end of the night most people had a bit of some color of body paint on them since there was blue, green, yellow, white, brown, and even some red and black I think... Also tonight was initiation for the EU Vixens Cheerleading Squad, which I joined up with when they arrived at Potterrow too! I had my Vixens blue ring on so I was alright all though I never got my hair ribbons :( Spent the rest of the night going between the straggling rowers and the cheerleaders until the night was over at 3:30am! I haven't stayed out that late in a long, long time!

No comments: