Sunday, October 12, 2008

The LONG Trek to Auchinstarry, NOT Amused!

It took me over 3 hours to get to training this morning, not cool! It really shouldn't take 3 hours to get most of the way to Glasgow, just 45 min. should do it. But because it was Sunday the bus to the train station wasn't running, so I had to walk 45 min. to Waverly Station, to get on a bus to Falkirk becasue there were engineering works on the rail line, to catch the train one station, and finally walk 30 min. to Auchinstarry from Croy. Needless to say I left my flat around 6am and got to Auchinstarry around 9:15 already tired and bothered. I did end up going out in a 4 today which was a first in 4ish years. I thought it was a rather good practice in the pretty countryside with some good coaching advice. Thankfully I got a lift in a car back to Edinburgh :) Then I got to watch the final conclusion to my new favorite show: Charlie Boorman's By Any Means!

No comments: