Tuesday, October 21, 2008

My Daddy's Birthday

Tuesday which means busy as always with all my classes, cheerleading and rowing. Today was extra busy since I don't normally have an actual rowing session, but we do today! So we had to be extra productive at cheerleading practice since I had to leave early to get to the boathouse. We did learn ground-up liberties with cradles (which are tricky, especially for the main base!) Mad dash across town to the Union Canal for my first boat outing in Edinburgh proper. We went out in a 4 in beautiful conditions, the water was pretty calm and the stars were out! Really reminded me of rowing back at CSB/SJU on Lake Sag in the early mornings of winter... Today is also my dad's birthday so I called him when I got back from rowing. It was really nice to talk to him since I hadn't since I moved over here, he's been away a lot for work.

No comments: